Darts ace Anderson claims another victory
- Credit: Archant
Burnham-on-Sea’s Gary Anderson added another gong to his growing list of honours last night (Thursday), after walking away with the PDC Player of the Year Award.
The prize recognises the sport’s best players in the past 12 months.
Anderson, who claimed victory in the PDC World Championship earlier this month, shared the award with Michael van Gerwen.
Anderson, nicknamed ‘The Flying Scotsman’ but who lives in Burnham, also claimed the PDC Fans’ Player of the Year Award at the ceremony at London’s Dorchester Hotel.
It completes a fine year for the Scot who, as well as defeating Adrian Lewis for the world title, won the Premier League in May.
You may also want to watch:
Anderson took to Twitter to celebrate posting: “Great night at awards thanks for the fans voting me player of the year. @OfficialPDC thank you for all the work everyone does behind scenes.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences