Date for Rebels’ Golf Day set
A date has been set for the Cases Somerset Rebels golf day to be held at Brean.
Cases Somerset Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock and Brean Golf Club PGA professional Andrew March have moved swiftly to agree the date for the 2016 version of the Rebels golf day.
Brean Golf Club will host the event, which is now in its fourth year, and the important date to mark in the diary is August 26, just ahead of the Bank Holiday weekend.
A few of the finer details are still to be finalised but it will take the same sort of successful format that its three predecessors have, with teams of four players.
The initial trio of golf days have boosted the Rebels Air Fence Fund by over £7,200 and that is something that promoter Hancock is very grateful for.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking of the event, Hancock said; “We are extremely grateful to Andrew for his hard work in getting these events to run as successfully as they have.”
“The Aair fence has now been paid for, but as you would expect it will still have ongoing repairs costs from time to time. The plan is now to develop some other areas of the club to enhance the spectator experience with some of the funds raised from this day.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
March, who is a lifelong speedway fan added: “One of the unique things with this golf day is that the participants get to see the speedway action in the evening, often experiencing live racing for the first time.
“It is hoped that this year some of the current Rebels riders can maybe get involved alongside some former Rebels stars like Steve Bishop and James Wright, who have taken part in previous years.
Full entry details will be released soon and for more information on the golf day, please contact Andrew March on 07957 972614 or via e-mail at email@example.com