Davina qualifies for world team championships
- Credit: Archant
Mendip Spring golfer Davina Xanh finished runner-up in the girls’ Under-11 UK Kids European Championships in Scotland and qualifies for the world championships in the USA.
MENDIP Spring golfer Davina Xanh finished runner-up in the girls’ Under-11 UK Kids European Championships at Luffness New Golf Club in Scotland.
Playing in really strong winds on a tough course, Davina scored 83, 79, 82, for a final score of 244.
Davina’s father Ching Xanh said that Davina played steady all week and that she had putted partially well. This was down to all the hard work she had put in on the putting green at Mendip Spring Golf Club.
Head professional Scott Thompson said: “The club is proud of the achievements of Davina and her brother Dylan. They represented the club in a professional manner and all the members, staff and owners were supporting them 100 per cent.”
You may also want to watch:
Davina will now join fellow qualifiers and will represent Europe in the World Team Championships being played at Pinehurst, USA, in August.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street