Deadline extended for bowls event
- Credit: Archant
The deadline has been extended until July 31, for the mixed fours competition in the 60th Weston Ladies’ Open bowling tournament.
ALTHOUGH entries have closed for most of the competitions in the 60th Weston Ladies’ Open bowling tournament next month, the deadline has been extended until July 31, for the mixed fours competition.
This new event, which replaces the traditional gala fours, will be played on August 31, the final day of the tournament, and all teams will be guaranteed three games of eight ends each, with a play-off for places one to four.
Teams must include at least one lady and the entry fee is £16 per team. The winners will receive £160, the runners-up £80, third £60 and fourth £40.
There is also still time for teams to enter the all-day Sunday mixed triples, which can be any combination of the sexes and will be played on August 25, the first day of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to this costs £12 and the winning team will take home £300, with £150 to the runners-up, £75 for third place and £45 for fourth. Entries must be received by August 13.
Entry forms for both competitions can be downloaded from the tournament website, www.westonbowlstournament.org or obtained from the registrar on 01934 625404.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront