Deadline extended for bowls event
- Credit: Archant
The deadline has been extended until July 31, for the mixed fours competition in the 60th Weston Ladies’ Open bowling tournament.
ALTHOUGH entries have closed for most of the competitions in the 60th Weston Ladies’ Open bowling tournament next month, the deadline has been extended until July 31, for the mixed fours competition.
This new event, which replaces the traditional gala fours, will be played on August 31, the final day of the tournament, and all teams will be guaranteed three games of eight ends each, with a play-off for places one to four.
Teams must include at least one lady and the entry fee is £16 per team. The winners will receive £160, the runners-up £80, third £60 and fourth £40.
There is also still time for teams to enter the all-day Sunday mixed triples, which can be any combination of the sexes and will be played on August 25, the first day of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to this costs £12 and the winning team will take home £300, with £150 to the runners-up, £75 for third place and £45 for fourth. Entries must be received by August 13.
Entry forms for both competitions can be downloaded from the tournament website, www.westonbowlstournament.org or obtained from the registrar on 01934 625404.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences