Dean wins at Shiplate
Dean Malin won the Ton Rixon match at Shiplate Farm in Bleadon.
TONY Rixon’s Wednesday match results at Shiplate Farm in Bleadon.
Dean Malin came first with 87lb 8ozs, fishing maggot over maggot along the far bank.
Results - Hawthorns and Westpool (30 pegs): Dean Malin (peg 2 W/P), 87lb 8oz; Pete Sivell (peg 12 W/P) 84lb; Adrian Jeffery (peg 11 W/P) 67lb 6oz; Tom Mangnal (peg 13 W/P) 63lb 14oz; Rod Wootten (peg 8 W/P) 63lb 10oz; Craig Edmunds (peg 8 Hawthorns) 59lb, which also gave him the top silvers weight of 16.1lbs.
THE second match in the Shiplate Farm winter series was held last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The day was pleasant with dry, calm weather during the match, but a ground frost had fallen overnight making the fishing hard going for all the anglers.
Held on the Hawthorns and the Westpool, (30 pegs), maggot proved to be the most popular and successful.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
Results: Dominic Sullivan (peg 13 H), 40lb 2oz; Dave Cocaine (peg 9 H), 33lb 4oz; Tom Light (peg 3 H), 30lb 11oz; Pete Bartlett (peg 9 Wp), 29lb 1oz; Paul Chapman (peg 1 H), 26lb 1oz; Simon Ryall (peg 6 H), 20lb 8oz; Tim Lewis (peg 11 Wp), 20lb 3oz; Julian Pinkett (peg 12 Wp), 20lb. Silvers overall went to Pete Bartlett with 5lb 6oz.