Dean wins winter series at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Dean Malin won the Shiplate Farm Winter Series in a close contest.
GLORIOUS sunshine set the mood for the final round of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series.
The final was held on the Hawthorns and Westpool with 16 anglers in attendance, with just one point separating some of the anglers in the top places.
On points, the series was won by Dean Malin (Shimano/Dynamite), with Steve Howell (Shiplate) taking second and Rich Hawkins (Bristol PO) in third place. The silvers league was won by Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) and second was Gordon Jones (Shiplate).
The pairs prize was won by Dean Malin and Alan Healey.
You may also want to watch:
The match itself on the day was won by Steve Howell on the pole, fishing worm shallow to the far bank, and margins, feeding micro.
Results: Steve Howell (Shiplate) p12W, 50lb 9oz; Adam Caswell (Frys) p1H, 39lb 3oz; Rich Hawkins (Bristol PO) p15W, 31lb. Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) p10W,12lb 3oz and Pete Sivell (Frys) p3H, 6lb 4oz.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse