Dean wins winter series at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Dean Malin won the Shiplate Farm Winter Series in a close contest.
GLORIOUS sunshine set the mood for the final round of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series.
The final was held on the Hawthorns and Westpool with 16 anglers in attendance, with just one point separating some of the anglers in the top places.
On points, the series was won by Dean Malin (Shimano/Dynamite), with Steve Howell (Shiplate) taking second and Rich Hawkins (Bristol PO) in third place. The silvers league was won by Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) and second was Gordon Jones (Shiplate).
The pairs prize was won by Dean Malin and Alan Healey.
You may also want to watch:
The match itself on the day was won by Steve Howell on the pole, fishing worm shallow to the far bank, and margins, feeding micro.
Results: Steve Howell (Shiplate) p12W, 50lb 9oz; Adam Caswell (Frys) p1H, 39lb 3oz; Rich Hawkins (Bristol PO) p15W, 31lb. Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) p10W,12lb 3oz and Pete Sivell (Frys) p3H, 6lb 4oz.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences