Debutant Sugg claims victory in Wedmore Golf Club's Senior Stableford
- Credit: Wedmore Golf Club
Graham Sugg marked his Wedmore Golf Club seniors debut with victory in Division One last Monday.
In the run up to Christmas there was just one competition with the Seniors playing their monthly stableford.
Sugg chose this day to make his debut in the Seniors and this proved to be a good decision as he won Division One with a score of 38 points.
This put him just a point ahead of three players, with the trio all on 37.
Countback was called upon to sort out the places with Brian Fry taking second place ahead of Paul Mott with Dom Smith just missing out on the top three.
Graham Poulton was top scorer of the day as he won Division Two with 40 points.
Countback was again called upon to sort out the places with Richard Efford taking second place ahead of Robert Watts after both scored 39.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 4 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 5 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 6 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 7 Weston BAFTA winner reveals what goes on behind the scenes
- 8 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 9 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
It was a busy day for countback as once again it had to be used in Division Three as it was needed to sort out the top 2 with John Harding edging out Chris Monks after both scored 38.
This was just one better than third placed Ian Hollands.
There was a clear winner in Division Four with Peter Spinks winning on 36 which was three better than the rest of the field.
There was then a group of three players on 33, with Phil Rogers taking second place ahead of Philip Springfield and Graham Jones.