Demi nets seven for Mendip ladies
- Credit: Archant
Team Mendip ladies’ striker Demi Reading netted seven goals in her side’s 16-0 win over Ilminster.
TEAM Mendip ladies took control and dominated a hard-fought game against Ilmister, running out 15-0 winners.
The league’s top goal scorer, Demi Reading upped her total with another seven, with 16-year-old Nicole Flourentzou adding three, Georgia Stallard netted two and Chaz Timmins, Kirsty Hill and Nadine Grogan all scored one apiece.
Mendip keeper Jade Burton didn’t have much to do, as the rest of the team of Amy Clark, Marie Frost, Mandy Gornicki and Charlie Longhorn kept the Ilminster side quiet.
The AP Heating player of the match went to Demi Reading.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies train every Wednesday (7-8pm) on the 3G pitch on @worle, Sports Centre, or you can call Kev on 07757 097252 or Andy on 07813 988948 for any information.
Team sponsor Andy Stallard AP Plumbing & Heating with the team.
- 1 WIN: Tickets to Michael Starring Ben at Weston's Playhouse Theatre
- 2 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 3 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 4 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 5 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Congresbury secure Crown Green Bowls win with Nailsea to level scores
- 8 Teenager Macy Noad wins silver medal in British Triathlon Grand Finals
- 9 Haywood Village maintain winning start to season against Worle Rangers A
- 10 Weston AFC 'want to win every game' they play in insists Laird
THE Under-10s training squad had a football development game at home to Portishead. Although Mendip lost the game 5-2, the squad had great fun playing competitive football.
Mendip scored two great team goals finished off by Lilly Stephens and Daisy Robbins. Also a mention for Abbie Delafield, who made some brilliant saves in goal. The Southwest Property Maintenance girl of the game went to Jessica Selwyn.