Derby defeat for Belvedere
Belvedere lost their derby encounter with Cheddar by 82 runs.
BELVEDERE travelled the short distance to Cheddar and asked the home to bat first.
The bowlers struggled in the humid conditions as the Cheddar batsmen took control. Neil Chadwick (2-58) eventually bowled Dowden for a fine 63 with the score on 108 and then accounted for the other opener which was well held by Mike Hosey.
Runs continued to flow and the Cheddar innings ended on 254-4 with only Sam Mccrea (1-71) and CJ Neate (1-21) getting further wickets.
Belvedere openers Mccrea and Hosey set about their tasks and took the score to 96 before Maccrea fell for a fine 60. Hosey went on to record his debut 50 with a mature innings of 59.
You may also want to watch:
However, wickets continued to tumble and the only other notable scores going to Sam Neate (20) and Chadwick (14), as Belvedere were eventually bowled out for 172 in the 43rd over, Cheddar winning by 82 runs.
Eurocams man of the match went to Mike Hosey.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown