Derby encounter ends in a draw
Weston’s Somerset Super Darts League derby encounter with the 49ers ended in a draw.
Weston were at home in the local derby of the Somerset Super Darts League against the 49ers.
Weston lost the opening game on board two, but on board one Ian Cope (23.17) won 4-2, quickly followed up by Chris Skeates (25.34) 4-1.
49ers fought back by taking the next three games putting them back in the lead. Meanwhile on board two, this was also going nip and tuck with Ryan Camp (24.69) winning 4-3, with a notable 151 finish by Paul Smith.
The next game could of also gone either way, but Weston got the rub of the green with Ricky Harding (21.49) winning 4-3 and a good display from Martin Vanedgemeister (23.84) 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Norton (26.54) extended the lead with a 4-1 win, but this was soon wiped out by the 49ers with Adam McNally (26.69) winning 4-0 for the 49ers and taking the highest average.
The last game on board two was also going all the way, but Clive Strong (22.10) came out on top winning 4-3.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Weston went into the pairs in a tight game, trailing 33-34 and board one went with the 49ers with both opening games 2-0, but on board two, Weston cancelled this out with Norton/Camp and Griffiths/Edgemeister also winning 2-0.
Weston lost the last one 1-2, but got a crucial leg to give them a chance to draw as 49ers led 38-40. Ian Cope led the way again with captain Nick English in tow, seeing the game out 2-0, earning Weston a draw at 40-40.
A great night was had by both teams, with 180s hit for Weston by Norton and Vanedgemeister. KNC miner man of the match went to Mike Norton.
This draw leaves Weston still clear up top with one game in the season to go, away to North Somerset on June 11, cars leave the 49 Club at 7pm.