Derby encounter for Weston teams
Two Weston darts teams met in the Somerset Super Darts League in a local derby.
THE 49ers played at home against Weston in a Somerset Super Darts League local derby at the 49 Club.
Weston got off to a good start with Mike Norton (27.72) winning 4-0 on board one, along with Ricky Harding (22.44) also 4-0 on board two. Weston were getting the rub of the green with Ian Cope (22.93) winning 4-3 and Kelvin Hart (25.38) 4-3. Gary Deakin (21.56) quickly followed this up with a 4-2 win and Kevin Austen (22.99) 4-2.
With the home side in real trouble, they dug deep and turned the tide with Carl Evans (20.91) winning 4-3 and Steve Thirkettle (24.38) winning 4-2. The 49ers proceeded to dig deep with Jonny Anderson (22.82) winning 4-2 and Bob Hadley (21.94) 4-1. Weston managed to drag back a few legs with Clive Strong (23.32) winning 4-0 and pulling three legs out of the last game, which was won by Paul Smith for the 49ers.
Weston went into the pairs 39-30 legs up.
You may also want to watch:
49ers started off well with Darren Davies/Dave Smith winning 2-0 and Adam Mcnally/Mike Cannon also 2-0.
Weston were not going to let this game go and drop them from top spot, with Ian Cope/Clive strong winning 2-1 and the game was sealed with Mike Norton/Paul Griffiths winning 2-1.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 8 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
Further victories were recorded by Gary Deakin/George Turnbull 2-0 and Weston captain Nick English/Chris Skeates 2-1, finishing off a good display of darts to make the final score 47-37.
180s were hit by Ian Cope and Kev Austen, while Cash4Vans.com man of the match went to Mike Norton.
The next game for Weston is on January 23 at home to North Somerset, while the 49ers are away to Courage @Paulton.