Derby game called off
Weston’s home fixture against Bath City was a victim of the weather.
WESTON’S Christmas Blue Square South programme was badly affected by the recent bad weather.
Last Saturday, the game at Truro City was postponed as the Treyew Road pitch was under water. Then the New Year’s Day fixture against Bath City also fell victim to the weather.
The Woodspring Park surface was passed fit by a local referee in the morning, but the match official was not happy with the conditions, and called the game off at 1.45pm to the disappointment of all concerned.
This game will now be played on Tuesday next, January 8, at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully, Weston’s home game on Saturday against Tonbridge Angels will go ahead as the pitch will have recovered, provided there is no further rain.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards