Derby game called off
Weston’s home fixture against Bath City was a victim of the weather.
WESTON’S Christmas Blue Square South programme was badly affected by the recent bad weather.
Last Saturday, the game at Truro City was postponed as the Treyew Road pitch was under water. Then the New Year’s Day fixture against Bath City also fell victim to the weather.
The Woodspring Park surface was passed fit by a local referee in the morning, but the match official was not happy with the conditions, and called the game off at 1.45pm to the disappointment of all concerned.
This game will now be played on Tuesday next, January 8, at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully, Weston’s home game on Saturday against Tonbridge Angels will go ahead as the pitch will have recovered, provided there is no further rain.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait