Derby success for Burnham’s second string
- Credit: Archant
Burnham 2nd XV enjoyed a derby victory over Cheddar.
Burnham 2nd XV 35 pts
Cheddar Valley 5 pts
Burnham’s second string enjoyed a derby victory over Cheddar.
Starting strongly, Jake Harding opening the scoring under the posts, converted by Alex Watkins, before Cheddar replied with an unconverted try.
You may also want to watch:
Good defence by Toby Fear and Jake Harding consistently felled the larger Cheddar ball carriers and against the run of play, hooker Nick McKen was tackled short of the line.
The ball squirted out for Tim Piper to gather and finish off, again converted by Watkins. An injury brought on replacement Andy Fear and he took to the field to play alongside his two sons, Jake and Toby.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 8 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
After the break, Watkins released Mason Shaw to beat a number of defenders for a converted try. Ben Stacey replaced Jake Harding and he soon got in on the action by touching down.
Further tries were scored by Ben Perfect and Brandon Pettitt, with Watkins converting all three tries.