Derby success for Burnham’s second string
- Credit: Archant
Burnham 2nd XV enjoyed a derby victory over Cheddar.
Burnham 2nd XV 35 pts
Cheddar Valley 5 pts
Burnham’s second string enjoyed a derby victory over Cheddar.
Starting strongly, Jake Harding opening the scoring under the posts, converted by Alex Watkins, before Cheddar replied with an unconverted try.
You may also want to watch:
Good defence by Toby Fear and Jake Harding consistently felled the larger Cheddar ball carriers and against the run of play, hooker Nick McKen was tackled short of the line.
The ball squirted out for Tim Piper to gather and finish off, again converted by Watkins. An injury brought on replacement Andy Fear and he took to the field to play alongside his two sons, Jake and Toby.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
After the break, Watkins released Mason Shaw to beat a number of defenders for a converted try. Ben Stacey replaced Jake Harding and he soon got in on the action by touching down.
Further tries were scored by Ben Perfect and Brandon Pettitt, with Watkins converting all three tries.