Derby success for Colts
Hornets Colts returned to the top of the table after defeating Burnham in a local derby.
Hornets Colts 41 pts
Burnham Colts 0 pts
HORNETS Colts returned to winning ways and the top of the table with this comprehensive win in this derby.
Early persistent pressure was rewarded on 16 minutes with a try created through the back line and finished by full-back Aedan Coleman, who then made the pass to allow Gareth Brock to score the second try three minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
A solo effort from Byron Marriott, who broke from the 10 metre line made it 17-0 and the first-half ended with Danny Bailey successfully making his second conversion, after having made a superb line break to set up Ash Locker for his first try of the season.
With the bonus point victory secured, all of the squad got good game time and the score continued to tick over.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Matt Cates’ long pass out to Brock after the break allowed the winger to score his second try, and Cates was again involved with the move which saw Jacob Hill set-up SC 24/7 Construction man of the match Sam Aplin for a try.
Hill scored the final try of the game on 59 minutes, converted by Jack Osborne, to give the side confidence going into their cup semi-final on Sunday.