Derby success for Colts
Hornets Colts returned to the top of the table after defeating Burnham in a local derby.
Hornets Colts 41 pts
Burnham Colts 0 pts
HORNETS Colts returned to winning ways and the top of the table with this comprehensive win in this derby.
Early persistent pressure was rewarded on 16 minutes with a try created through the back line and finished by full-back Aedan Coleman, who then made the pass to allow Gareth Brock to score the second try three minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
A solo effort from Byron Marriott, who broke from the 10 metre line made it 17-0 and the first-half ended with Danny Bailey successfully making his second conversion, after having made a superb line break to set up Ash Locker for his first try of the season.
With the bonus point victory secured, all of the squad got good game time and the score continued to tick over.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
Matt Cates’ long pass out to Brock after the break allowed the winger to score his second try, and Cates was again involved with the move which saw Jacob Hill set-up SC 24/7 Construction man of the match Sam Aplin for a try.
Hill scored the final try of the game on 59 minutes, converted by Jack Osborne, to give the side confidence going into their cup semi-final on Sunday.