Derby win for Winscombe
Winscombe Ladies 1st XI 4 Cheddar Ladies II 1 - WINSCOMBE have the started the second half of the season with a win gaining another three points.
Winscombe Ladies 1st XI 4
Cheddar Ladies II 1
WINSCOMBE have the started the second half of the season with a win gaining another three points.
From the first whistle they pressed forward eager to get a goal. Kerri Willis was unlucky not to score when Michelle Isgar managed to beat two opponents and then pass it on to Kerri who just hit wide.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately with Winscombe pushing forward Cheddar made a great pass through the defence and opened the scoring. But within a few minutes Winscombe were back in the game with a great strike from Chloe Brown to Jorjia Leheup, who finished the move.
Winscombe looked set when Amy Izzard stroked home their second on the stroke of half time. She started the move from a short corner to Kelly Clarke waiting at the top of the circle alongside Liz McConnell. She sent a great ball into Izzard at the post where she slotted home.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Just after half time Winscombe sealed their third with a fantastic strike from Clarke, who smashed the ball in to the goal from the top of the circle. Winscombe were now starting to create lots of movement up front with Becky Matthews and Holly Freemantle working well together.
Cheddar hit back, but thanks to Vicky Bird, Kate Walker and Charlie Edwards, Cheddar were unable to score. Helen Hegarty worked well in the centre of midfield producing accurate passing which led to the fourth goal. She wrapped the game up with another incredible strike from the top of the circle hitting the top of the backboard.
New hockey players are most welcome to come along to training, keepers or aspiring keepers are particularly welcome. The first two training sessions are tasters and are free of charge. For further details please contact Kate Walker on email@example.com
Qualified umpires in need of additional matches or budding umpires wanting to try their hand at umpiring are also invited to contact the club. For further information, please contact Kate Walker, e-mail: Katie@kwalker.co.uk