Development side cruise to victory
- Credit: Archant
Hornets’ development side cruised to a comfortable victory over Gordano.
Hornets development side welcomed Gordano 1st XV to the Nest, following a week off for cup games.
With Hornets able to field one of their strongest teams so far this year, it was not long before they were able to apply pressure on the Gordano line and following a quick dart down the blind side, scrum-half Matthew Cates was able to open the scoring.
Hornets were able to continue the pressure for most of the half with further tries coming from Ashley Locker and Jacob Cox.
It was not all going to go the way of the home side as Gordano managed to pull a try back before a touch down from Paul Cullum and a penalty from Connor Davidson made it 28-7 to Hornets at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with Gordano scoring out wide to make it 28-12. This was the last time they troubled the scoreboard as Hornets were able to refocus and start to play their own game.
This was shown with great team play leading to Phil Hibbs scoring under the posts and Stuart Vinnicombe dabbing his way over as well. The scoring was finished off by Bailey Jackson to cap another fine display.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 9 New leadership team for charity
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Special mentions this week go out to the whole pack, who put in a dominating performance for the home crowd to enjoy.