Development side keep unbeaten record
Hornets Development XV returned from Wiveliscombe with a narrow victory to keep their unbeaten record intact.
Wiveliscombe 14 pts
Hornets Development XV 17 pts
THE Hornets Development team travelled to Wiveliscombe and made it two wins from two in the league.
The deadlock was eventually broken when Hornets spread the ball to Jacob Swain to score, converted by Kieran Hill. Wiveliscombe drew level with an interception try and conversion.
You may also want to watch:
With half-time approaching, Hornets were able to gain good field position and the ball reached debutant Seb Harris, who scored in the corner.
The second half started with Wiveliscombe playing down the slope and piling on the pressure, but Adam Francis was able to turn the ball over and sprint clear, only to be brought down just short of the line.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
Luckily, Adam Vaughan was on hand to take an offload and score. With the conversion missed the score was 7-17 to Hornets.
Wiveliscombe came back into the match with the final try making it 14-17 and a tense finish was on the cards. The game was eventually finished when full-back Stuart Vinnicombe gained a penalty and kicked for touch to finish the match.
The players showed some excellent character in the second half, with a special mention to Matthew Vaughan on the flank.