Development XV hit back to record victory
Hornets Development XV recovered from a poor first-half to record victory over near neighbours Nailsea & Backwell.
Hornets Development XV 29 pts
Nailsea & Backwell 17 pts
HORNETS Development XV entertained Nailsea & Backwell and after a poor first-half, fought back to record a fine victory.
Nailsea capitalised on constant indiscipline from the home side, twice kicking penalties to the corner and scoring from driving mauls to make it 0-14 after 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors kicked another penalty to stretch their lead, but fortunes were beginning to change when Ben Cox carried well only to receive a high tackle on the line, the referee awarding a penalty try and a yellow card, Declan Dorrington converted to make the half-time score 7-17.
Some harsh words at half time saw a more focused unit come out in the second half, and it wasn’t long before the tries started to come. Firstly, a dominant scrum allowed No 8 Ramaz Rukhadze to power over.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
Despite the harsh yellow Rukhadze received shortly after, it made no difference as Danny Bailey was next to cross the whitewash jinking his way through three defenders.
Rukhadze returned and immediately barrelled over for his second try following good work from George Greatbanks. The final try of the game came from Jimmy Dibble, who offloaded to the supporting Matt Cates to score.