Diamonds polished off by the Rebels
- Credit: Archant
The Somerset Rebels defeated Newcastle Diamonds 59-35 at the Oaktree Arena.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels recorded an excellent 59-35 victory over Newcastle Diamonds at the Oaktree Arena.
The Rebels took charge of the fixture with a run of four successive maximums midway through the meeting and now lie fourth in the Premier League.
The home side score chart was topped by Nick Morris, with a superb 12+1 return, and he was ably supported by Brady Kurtz (11+2), Olly Allen (10+1), and the rest of the Rebels septet. Pontus Aspgren made a pleasing return from injury, with a useful 9+2 contribution to the cause.
After a month of relative inactivity, the Rebels enter a period of six league fixtures together with a championship meeting in an 11-day spell starting with tonight’s (Thurs) visit to Ipswich in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
This is followed by a home fixture against Plymouth tomorrow night (Fri), with the Rebels travelling to Plymouth the following evening. On Monday, they travel to Sheffield, with the Yorkshire outfit visiting the Oaktree Arena on Tuesday.
Ipswich are the visitors on August 1, while on August 3, the Premier League Four Team Championships are being held at Peterborough.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation