Diamonds polished off by the Rebels
- Credit: Archant
The Somerset Rebels defeated Newcastle Diamonds 59-35 at the Oaktree Arena.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels recorded an excellent 59-35 victory over Newcastle Diamonds at the Oaktree Arena.
The Rebels took charge of the fixture with a run of four successive maximums midway through the meeting and now lie fourth in the Premier League.
The home side score chart was topped by Nick Morris, with a superb 12+1 return, and he was ably supported by Brady Kurtz (11+2), Olly Allen (10+1), and the rest of the Rebels septet. Pontus Aspgren made a pleasing return from injury, with a useful 9+2 contribution to the cause.
After a month of relative inactivity, the Rebels enter a period of six league fixtures together with a championship meeting in an 11-day spell starting with tonight’s (Thurs) visit to Ipswich in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
This is followed by a home fixture against Plymouth tomorrow night (Fri), with the Rebels travelling to Plymouth the following evening. On Monday, they travel to Sheffield, with the Yorkshire outfit visiting the Oaktree Arena on Tuesday.
Ipswich are the visitors on August 1, while on August 3, the Premier League Four Team Championships are being held at Peterborough.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences