District League’s awards evening
The Weston & District Skittles League held its presentation evening at Batch Country Hotel in Lympsham.
The Weston & District Skittles League held its presentation evening at Batch Country Hotel in Lympsham, with more than 130 attending.
The season belonged to Rascals, who finished with three major trophies.
Awards – Division 1 winners: Rascals; runners-up: Worle Club. Division 2: Unionist A; Flintstones. Division 3: Klinkerbelles; Anchors. Division 4: White Hart Humbles; Survivors. Wooden Spoon for the ninth successive season, Earlybirds.
Hospital Cup – Division 1: Rascals; Nomads. Division 2: Flintstones; Unionist A. Division 3: Klinkerbelles; Lord Nelson A. Division 4: White Hart Humbles; Regency Alleyblasters. Perkins Cup: Rascals; Nomads; Dab Hands. Steve James Cup: White Hart Harriers; Dropouts.
You may also want to watch:
Individual: Andy Collard (Bittermen); Richard White (Regent Sports). Highest score: Jeremy Brooks (Crown Inn). Pairs: Russell Loud and Malcolm Day (Rascals); Colin Davies and Jamie Parker (Strays). Highest score: Gareth Little and Adam Brueford (Young Lions).
London Bridge: Dave Haigh (Bittermen); Simon Ballard (Anchors); Barry Hurrell (Regency Sports). Highest away averages: Russell Loud, Ryan Jones, David Jones, Gavin Wood.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Most away spares: Darrell Johnson, Russell Loud, David Jones, Geoff Tucker, Ian Dicker, Gavin Wood. Division 2 was shared by six players.
Highest individual: Peter Blackwell, Dean Hazell, Chris Lewis (Rascals). Team averages: Rascals; Unionist A; Klinkerbelles; White Hart Humbles.
John Payne Memorial Shield: Andy Collard (Bittermen). Special awards for highest inter-league scores: Jones Jones, Dave Fairhurst, Paul Steer. Courage Cup of merit for premises: The Regency.
The Cyril Richardson Cup for best captain will be announced and presented at the annual meeting. Bill Parsons Cup for long service to the league: Steve James.
The league would like to thank the sponsors of various cup, including Alvis Brothers, Butcombe Brewery, RCH Brewery, Thatchers Cider, the Mike Richards family, Premier Trophies, the Cabot Bars, Steve James and Graham Wilcox.