Double top for Hornets
Tribute Somerset League teams gathered to receive their awards at Weston RFC.
RUGBY teams from across Somerset came together to celebrate the end of another season at the Tribute League awards.
The evening, held at Weston RFC, also marked the fourth season of the brewery’s award winning Tribute ale sponsoring grass roots rugby in the South West.
Clubs from all over the county were joined by Somerset County RFU’s president Jon Whittock and Marc Bishop of St Austell Brewery to celebrate the success of the winners and present them with their Tribute league trophies.
Local club Hornets were celebrating a double win, after their first team finished top of the Somerset Premier League and their 3rd XV were the Somerset Three South champions. Clevedon RFC 2nd XV picked up the award for Somerset Two North.
You may also want to watch:
The coveted Tribute ‘You’ve Earned It’ award went to Cheddar Valley, in recognition of them completing their first ever season of league rugby and honouring all of their fixtures.
Andy Shorney, secretary of the Somerset RFU said: “This was yet another excellent presentation evening with representatives attending from all of the Tribute League winning clubs, all of which deserve hearty congratulations for their performances throughout a long season.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
“Tribute’s support has been essential in the success of the leagues and we thank them for their continued support.”