Double victory for Adrian
Clarence short-mat bowler Adrian Gardiner won both of his finals, beating Alan Bishop twice.
Section secretary Adrian Gardiner won both singles championships on Clarence’s short-mat finals day. In both cases, he beat Alan Bishop.
Their two-wood final was close, with Gardiner leading 17-16 when there was a short hold-up because a spectator was feeling unwell. When the match resumed, Bishop put his first wood off the mat, allowing Gardiner to win 18-16.
The four-wood singles, played 30 minutes later, was more one-sided, with Gardiner 15-4 up after 14 ends, eventually winning 21-7.
The two-wood pairs was won by Maureen Milford and Carol Edlin. They were 12-1 ahead after eight ends against Joy Bailey and Shirley Scoins, running out victors by 24-8.
You may also want to watch:
A good attendance watched all the finals and all enjoyed an American lunch.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown