Double victory for Adrian
Clarence short-mat bowler Adrian Gardiner won both of his finals, beating Alan Bishop twice.
Section secretary Adrian Gardiner won both singles championships on Clarence’s short-mat finals day. In both cases, he beat Alan Bishop.
Their two-wood final was close, with Gardiner leading 17-16 when there was a short hold-up because a spectator was feeling unwell. When the match resumed, Bishop put his first wood off the mat, allowing Gardiner to win 18-16.
The four-wood singles, played 30 minutes later, was more one-sided, with Gardiner 15-4 up after 14 ends, eventually winning 21-7.
The two-wood pairs was won by Maureen Milford and Carol Edlin. They were 12-1 ahead after eight ends against Joy Bailey and Shirley Scoins, running out victors by 24-8.
You may also want to watch:
A good attendance watched all the finals and all enjoyed an American lunch.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved