Avenue Tennis Club held a tournament in memory of former player Jo Gooden.
THE ladies from the Avenue Tennis Club ran a tournament in memory of former player Jo Gooden, which was won by ladies’ captain Lynn O’Dell and Avenue youngster Jess Griffiths.
Head coach Vinny Duddy said he was really proud and pleased that Jess had won with Lynn against some experienced and doubles players.
The club also held its AGM which gave the members the opportunity to quiz their committee. The meeting was chaired by president and acting chairperson, Pooh Jenkins, who announced the sad passing of Norman Green, one of the club’s prominent and active members.
The next tournament at the club will be the preliminary rounds of the Somerset Closed, on June 4-5. A junior yellow ball and green ball tournament will be held on May 28 and 29 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
A school holiday junior tennis camp will run from May 31-June 3 from 9am-4pm, booking forms are available from the club’s website – www.avenuetennis.com Details of coaching and what’s on can be obtained from the club’s website or you can ring the club on 01278 782758.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs