Ducks second best in all-Cleeve derby
Cleeve ran out easy winners against the Cleeve Ducks in the Weston Midweek League.
In Division 2 of the Weston Midweek League, Cleeve took on the Cleeve Ducks.
Batting first, Cleeve made 174-4 with Dan Jones graciously retiring on 50. The Ducks reply was based around 36 from Harry Wiseman, but the strategy of keeping wickets in hand before a final flourish backfired when they finished 64 runs short with five wickets in hand. Mike Lukes took 2-10 off three overs.
Wedmore marked their return to the league with a narrow win over the Parpagon Carriers. Batting first, the Carriers posted 113-8, Bilal Ras top scoring with 43 and Toby Fear taking 2-8.
Ras followed his top score by taking 3-17, but Sid Morris made an invaluable 53 as Wedmore reached their target with three wickets in hand,
You may also want to watch:
In Division 1, Lympsham Allsorts beat Lympsham Airways by just four runs with Jamie Howson making 86 not out as the Allsorts made 141-2, before the Airways finished just short on 137-6.
Unfortunately a shortage of players has caused the Bar Stewards to resign from the league.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity