Early race date for the annual Two Bays Tough Ten
Next year’s Two Bays Tough Ten is being run a little earlier than usual due to tide times.
With the tides not doing this Easy Runner sponsored Two Bays Tough Ten race any favours, race director Roland Gibbard has brought the next event forward to February 5.
Accepting this date will not suit all, Roland explained: “The tides tables show there was no ideal Sunday in February for the race and the 5th was the best of a bad bunch.
“Runners crossing the causeway by the Marine Lake is always an attraction for both competitors and spectators alike, but next year the sea is closer than I would have liked.
“The leaders may have crossed in relative safety, but I have to consider the time taken for the whole field to cross that point. We will therefore have to use the main road.”
You may also want to watch:
Roland has, however, introduced a new race to 2017 as part of the event. For those that might find 10 miles a little daunting, a five-mile course has been planned. Starting with the main race, this will make its own way back from the Kewstoke end of the Toll Road, missing out some of the harder sections of Worlebury Woods.
“I wanted to provide something for the whole family,” said Roland, “and there was nothing between the one-mile fun run and the 10-mile race. Hopefully this will fill the void. Being a much less strenuous run it should appeal to leisure groups and the less serious runner who would like an introduction into multi-terrain running.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Entries for all the races are now being taken via the event website at www.twobaystoughten.co.uk