Ellis qualifies for prestigious event
Burnham and Berrow Golf Club member Ellis Cook has just qualified for the prestigious Brabazon Trophy.
BURNHAM and Berrow golfer Ellis Cook has just qualified for the prestigious Brabazon Trophy, reducing his handicap to +2 in the process.
There was a starting line up of 130 players in the southern qualifying event at The Berkshire Golf Club and only the top 30 would qualify for the event to be held at Burnham & Berrow between June 20-26.
A solid 69 (4 under CSS) put Ellis in joint fifth place in a strong field that included two full international players, six boy caps and the 2009 English champion.
Another Burnham member, John Whitcutt finished fourth in the French International Seniors Amateur Championships last week.
You may also want to watch:
The Harry Colt designed course at Granville in France was the venue for the 2011 event and Whitcutt recorded a 74 in his final round, which proved to be the lowest score of the day. It lifted him through the field from a starting line up of 127 international golfers.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released