Ellis qualifies for prestigious event
Burnham and Berrow Golf Club member Ellis Cook has just qualified for the prestigious Brabazon Trophy.
BURNHAM and Berrow golfer Ellis Cook has just qualified for the prestigious Brabazon Trophy, reducing his handicap to +2 in the process.
There was a starting line up of 130 players in the southern qualifying event at The Berkshire Golf Club and only the top 30 would qualify for the event to be held at Burnham & Berrow between June 20-26.
A solid 69 (4 under CSS) put Ellis in joint fifth place in a strong field that included two full international players, six boy caps and the 2009 English champion.
Another Burnham member, John Whitcutt finished fourth in the French International Seniors Amateur Championships last week.
You may also want to watch:
The Harry Colt designed course at Granville in France was the venue for the 2011 event and Whitcutt recorded a 74 in his final round, which proved to be the lowest score of the day. It lifted him through the field from a starting line up of 127 international golfers.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism