Emily wins Shining Star award
- Credit: Archant
Showjumper Emily Smart has been awarded the NAF Shining Star award for February.
THIRTEEN-year-old Emily Smart from Banwell, has much to smile about after being awarded the NAF Shining Star for February.
All British Showjumping Junior Academy members are eligible for nomination for this award and it was Emily’s dedication and enthusiasm that shone through for coach Anne Newbery.
Anne is a UKCC Level 2 coach and she nominated Emily for the award. She said: “Emily is a keen and friendly member of the Bristol and Somerset Junior Academy and is always ready to welcome and talk to both existing and new members.”
Becoming a member of the Bristol & Somerset Junior Academy when it first started some 18 months ago, allowed Emily to take advantage of the progressive training available as she loves to jump.
You may also want to watch:
Emily said: “I was so shocked to hear that I had won this lovely award, I am really pleased to have had the opportunity to be put forward for this and I feel proud that the coach thought so highly of me.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal