Emma hits a double hat-trick
Mendip Ladies crush Ilminster 20-0 in their first Somerset Women’s League match.
WITH both teams new to the Somerset Women’s League, it was a journey into the unknown.
Ilminsters token resistance ended with Amy Uzarowska’s shot from 20 yards for the first goal. Mendip scored regularly throughout the game with a double hat-trick from Emma Maggs.
Mendip’s midfield of Becky Pearson, Charlie Longhorn, Chaz Timmins and Natalee Elmer controlled the game and left the defence largely redundant.
This was a great start for Mendip’s first competitive game, but sterner tests lie ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to Adam, the landlord of the Nut Tree pub in Worle, for sponsoring the after match food in the restaurant.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 9 New leadership team for charity
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston