Emphatic pre-season wins for Burnham
Burnham Rugby Club enjoy pre-season victories over Winscombe and Wellington.
BURNHAM’S pre-season friendly matches have set the tone for the season with emphatic wins over local rivals Winscombe and Wellington.
The first game was away to Winscombe with some 35 players making themselves available with a mixture of first and second team players plus some new faces. Burnham recorded a 48-10 victory.
A week later, they travelled south to Wellington, who won both fixtures last season. With only 18 players available to Wellingtons 30+, revenge was sweet with a 29-0 win.
Burnham 1st XV are back in the Western Counties North League after some mid-season changes by the RFU with the seconds continuing in Somerset Three South.
You may also want to watch:
The 1st XV’s first fixture is at home to Yatton on September 3 (3pm) with the 2nd XV away to Wyvern on September 10 (3pm).
Coaches are available for the first four away fixtures for players and supporters. Please visit the club’s website for a full list of this season’s fixtures. Training is every Tuesday and Thursday from 6.30pm at the BASC.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 New leadership team for charity