Emphatic victory for Hutton girls
Hutton Under-16s Girls proved too strong for Backwell, running out 11-1 winners.
HUTTON Under-16 Girls made the short trip to Backwell and came away with an emphatic 11-1 victory.
The Hutton midfield of Hannah Worley, Meg Lewis, Rachael Curtis and Jodie Filer protected the ball well against their energetic counterparts, while strikers Gabby Massey and Robyn Perrett were well contained by the home defence.
Lewis, Worley and Curtis all tested the Backwell keeper before Hutton broke the deadlock midway through the half as Filer’s deep cross drifted in at the far post. Backwell continued to press well down the slope, but Hannah Capes, Nicole Badman, Georgia Ferdinando and Eva Ferdinando in the Hutton defence kept them at arms-length from Lauren Filer in the Hutton goal.
Curtis increased Hutton’s lead with a mazy run and cool finish.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with an early Hutton goal as Massey scored from the penalty spot after Filer was sent tumbling. Moments later, Ferdinando scored the fourth.
Hutton were well in command and scored further goals from Massey, Filer (2), Ferndinando (2) and Curtis (2)
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
McDonald Weston girl of the game was awarded to Anya Lawrence, with EMS Mortgage Services supporter’s player going to Rachael Curtis.