Emphatic victory for Hutton girls
Hutton Under-16s Girls proved too strong for Backwell, running out 11-1 winners.
HUTTON Under-16 Girls made the short trip to Backwell and came away with an emphatic 11-1 victory.
The Hutton midfield of Hannah Worley, Meg Lewis, Rachael Curtis and Jodie Filer protected the ball well against their energetic counterparts, while strikers Gabby Massey and Robyn Perrett were well contained by the home defence.
Lewis, Worley and Curtis all tested the Backwell keeper before Hutton broke the deadlock midway through the half as Filer’s deep cross drifted in at the far post. Backwell continued to press well down the slope, but Hannah Capes, Nicole Badman, Georgia Ferdinando and Eva Ferdinando in the Hutton defence kept them at arms-length from Lauren Filer in the Hutton goal.
Curtis increased Hutton’s lead with a mazy run and cool finish.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with an early Hutton goal as Massey scored from the penalty spot after Filer was sent tumbling. Moments later, Ferdinando scored the fourth.
Hutton were well in command and scored further goals from Massey, Filer (2), Ferndinando (2) and Curtis (2)
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
McDonald Weston girl of the game was awarded to Anya Lawrence, with EMS Mortgage Services supporter’s player going to Rachael Curtis.