Emphatic victory for the Wanderers
Father and son combination James and Dan Press enjoyed playing together for Weston Wanderers.
Weston Wanderers 81 pts
Frome 3rd XV 5 pts
Weston fourths won their first league game with an emphatic victory against a game Frome side.
Tries came from Alec Hughes, Joe McGrath, Dave Steele, Aaron Collins, Pete Devanney and Dan Press.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Press made his first game at senior level at scrum-half, and joined his father James on the pitch for a father-son combination. It was also Pete Devanney’s first senior game for the club and he scored a fantastic solo try before the end of the game.
He was joined by Tony Scott who joined the club this year and Harry Bush, who played for Weston Colts and returned after three years to represent the club.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The Wanderers are a result of the hard work completed over the last few years at the club. Anyone wishing to join in a fun game of fourth team rugby, please contact Tony Bush at Weston RFC or visit the club’s website.