Emphatic win for Weston
Weston travelled to Martock and registered a convincing victory.
WESTON travelled to Martock in the Somerset Super Darts League looking for as many legs as possible to reduce the gap between themselves and Taunton.
Paul Tyler led the way with a 3-0 win along with Mark Stainer on board two, but promptly dropped five legs on board one.
Ricky Harding kept Weston on track with another impressive 3-1 victory, returning with a 27.74 average. Gary Howell stopped the defeats on board one with a 3-0 win, while board two was dominating in convincing fashion with George Turnbull winning 3-1 and Nick English 3-2.
Weston continued to pile on the pressure with Ian Cope (25.48) and Tim Strutt both winning 3-0. The singles was finished off by Clive Strong winning 3-1, giving Weston a commanding lead of 28-16.
You may also want to watch:
Martock stole the first game of pairs, but this was soon chalked out by Turnbull and Stainer winning 3-1. Board two was continuing to be successful, with Strutt and Roy Staples winning 3-0 and English and Jimmer bushwacking their opponents 3-0 and putting the game to bed.
With all legs needed, Howell and Harding delivered a 3-1 victory, along with Cope hitting a 180 in his win.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Weston dominated the night and got the legs they deserved, coming out victorious by 44-23.
Weston’s next game is home to South Somerset on May 12.