Emphatic win for Weston
Weston travelled to Martock and registered a convincing victory.
WESTON travelled to Martock in the Somerset Super Darts League looking for as many legs as possible to reduce the gap between themselves and Taunton.
Paul Tyler led the way with a 3-0 win along with Mark Stainer on board two, but promptly dropped five legs on board one.
Ricky Harding kept Weston on track with another impressive 3-1 victory, returning with a 27.74 average. Gary Howell stopped the defeats on board one with a 3-0 win, while board two was dominating in convincing fashion with George Turnbull winning 3-1 and Nick English 3-2.
Weston continued to pile on the pressure with Ian Cope (25.48) and Tim Strutt both winning 3-0. The singles was finished off by Clive Strong winning 3-1, giving Weston a commanding lead of 28-16.
You may also want to watch:
Martock stole the first game of pairs, but this was soon chalked out by Turnbull and Stainer winning 3-1. Board two was continuing to be successful, with Strutt and Roy Staples winning 3-0 and English and Jimmer bushwacking their opponents 3-0 and putting the game to bed.
With all legs needed, Howell and Harding delivered a 3-1 victory, along with Cope hitting a 180 in his win.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
Weston dominated the night and got the legs they deserved, coming out victorious by 44-23.
Weston’s next game is home to South Somerset on May 12.