End of season awards at Weston
Weston Golf Club recently held their ladies’ and juniors award ceremonies.
WESTON Golf Club ladies’ section recently held their end of year dinner and awards ceremony.
The evening started with a traditional Christmas meal prepared by the club’s catering staff which was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Throughout 2011, the ladies played for more than 30 trophies and these were presented to all the winners by lady president Ann Ward and lady captain Jacqui Hall-Scott during the evening.
The winners were - Aucharterader Quaich: Kath Farrant; Betty Butler Cup: Beryl Robert; Grandmothers Cup: Wendy Thomas; Lillington Bowl: Linda Towens; Blackmore Bowl: June Phillips; Boulton Cup: Carol Menzies; Christine Mason: Alison Whitewood; Costeloe Carafe: Diney Costeloe; Half Century Cup: Sue Garrett.
Millenium (bronze): Zena Balcombe; Barstow Shield: Pam Hudson and Brenda Whybrow; summer foursomes: Sue Radcliffe and Di Brown; Sally Irlam Salver: Sue Radcliffe; Youth and Beauty Shield: Vicki Brewin; Margaret Buckley (nett): Vicki Brewin; Lloyd Cup: Alysia Rees; Final Medal Spoons (silver): Alysia Rees; Miss Apps Salve: Kaylee Davey; Sanders Bowl: Kaylee Davey.
You may also want to watch:
Brockenshaw Bowl: Pat Rowland; Teachers Trophy: Pat Rowland; Jubilee Award; Pat Rowland; Final Medal Spoons (bronze): Jade Cope; EWGA Medal: Jade Cope; Audrey Hirst: Jade Cope; Ruth Alford: Jade Cope; Past Captains Rose Bowl: Wendy Homer; Putting Championship: Wendy Homer; Winter Foursomes: Wendy Homer and Sue Andow; Jenny Carter Toast Rack: Sue Andow; Constance Blackmore Spoons: Sue Andow;
Margaret Buckley Gross: Sue Andow; Millennium (silver): Sue Andow; Trill Cup (Bristol & District Alliance): Sue Andow; Club Championship: Glenda Latham.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
A cabaret to thank outgoing captain Jacqui Hall-Scott for all her efforts on behalf of the section during the year provided the finishing touch to an enjoyable evening.