End-of-season awards evening at Hornets
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Under-15s held their end-of-season presentation evening, with players and parents enjoying a meal in the clubhouse.
Hornets Under-15s held their end-of-season presentation evening at the club, with parents and players enjoying a meal followed by speeches and awards.
The team had a successful season, fulfilling their goal set at the beginning of the season by winning the Somerset Cup.
They played 22 games, won 17, lost five. They scored 741 points and conceded 358. They scored 129 tries, top try scorers were Quentin Querl (41) Ayden Chenoweth (22) and Luke Collins (18). Most appearances were Charlie Fairhurst and Ethan Loveridge (22).
The team have been represented well with Quentin, Ayden and Luke in the Bath Academy, these three plus Nathan Langdon and Josh Edwards also played for Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks were given to the many senior players within the club that have given up their time throughout the season to help out at training and the support they have given to the players. Special thanks and gifts were received by Jon Richardson, Nick Francis and Courtney Harris.
Quentin Querl received a special Hornet award for another outstanding season, Tom Howling was awarded the most improved player award. Harry Williams was voted as players’ player and Rhys Clarke collected the coaches’ player of the year.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Special thanks to Tony and Pauline Thompson and Milton Auto Services for sponsoring the team this season.