End of season awards evening held at Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
A large number of players and club members attended Cheddar Football Club’s end of season awards evening.
Cheddar Football Club held their end of season awards evening, which attracted a large attendance of players and club members.
The club were pleased to welcome Bridgwater Town Football Club (and former Weston Football Club) manager Craig Laird, who kindly presented the prizes on the evening.
Craig was joined on the evening by his assistant manager Rob Boyd, and Weston Football Club’s football development director, Jon Haile.
Awards were presented to - first team: players’ player: Mark Armstrong; manager’s player: Craig Mawford; top goalscorer: Adam Jones (17). Reserves: Toby Jones; John Lee Boon; Toby Jones. A team: Sam Smith; James Burke; James Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies: Players’ player: Jo Reeve; manager’s player: Jo Reeve; most improved player: Jo Reason; golden boot joint winners: Bella Jones and Ash Richards.
The clubman of the year award was presented jointly to Karen and Russell Heal, the young player of the year was awarded to Robbi Wallis and the club top goalscorer award was presented to Callum Ham, who scored 28 goals.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
An additonal award was made to captain George Booth, for his performance of the season against Warminster Town.
The club also held a raffle on the evening, and were very grateful to Bath City, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Exeter City and Yeovil Town Football Clubs for kindly donating match day tickets, and to local businesses: Tesco Cheddar, Sainsbury Cheddar, the Bath Arms and the White Hart, who additionally kindly donated prizes.
The Cheesemen have been busy arranging quality pre-season matches as the club prepares for its 125th anniversary season.
Games so far confirmed are all against Southern League Division One (South & West) teams: Taunton Town, July 15; Bridgwater Town, July 19; Paulton Rovers, July 22; Larkhall Athletic, July 29.
Further details will appear on their Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/CheddarFC&SociallClub