End of season presentation for Weston youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Weston Under-16s ended the season with a morning of go-karting, followed by the end of season presentations.
Weston Under-16s ended the season with a morning of go-karting, which was enjoyed by all.
Lucas Williamson was out in front after the first race, after which Eddie Davies was in the lead right up to the last race when the overall win was clinched by Tom Hughes.
The end of season presentation followed when awards were given - most improved players went to Dan Price and Lucas Williamson; player of the year: Dan Press; players’ player: Josh Gardner.
Thanks were given to the coaches, particularly to Jon Bamsey who has stood down having coached the team for the last nine years. Jon has been an inspirational coach and will be sadly missed by players and parents.
You may also want to watch:
The team is grateful to Bloxham & Barlow, who have sponsored the team for a number of years and to Rachel Homes estate agents, who this season, together with Bloxham & Barlow, provided the team with new polo shirts.
Glenn Dickson will be the lead coach of Colts next season. Glenn is head coach of the first team and is an experienced player himself, having played at Premier League level.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Colts’ pre-season training starts on Tuesday. New players are always needed and welcome, so if you are interested in joining a well-established, friendly club,do come along to the pre season training.