End of season presentation night at Uphill Castle
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle held its end of season junior presentation night.
UPHILL Castle Cricket Club held their end of season youth presentation night in what was the clubs 120th season.
End of season reviews were given by the five age group managers from Under-11s to both Under-17 teams. Special thanks were given to club secretary Mike Gardener and groundsman Roger Fry, amongst other volunteers who help out the youth section.
This season the Under-17s section fielded two teams, Vikings and Saxons, and the Vikings were presented with medals from the club for winning the North Somerset Youth Cricket League and being runners-up in the cup.
Among the winners was youth player of the year Kieran Ward for leading the Under-17s to the title. Awards were presented by club captain Gareth Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Award winners – Under-11s – best batsman: Tommy Carter; best bowler: Charlie Biggs; all-rounder: Dominic Boardman; most improved: Charlie Harding and Neve Kennedy.
Under-13s: Kruz Belcher; Matthew Davis; Tommy Llewellyn; Archit Singhal. Under-15s: Harry Oultram; Tom Miller; Kieran Chapman; Blake Williams.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown
Under-17 Vikings: Jake Llewellyn; James Holt; Hallam Bickell. Saxons: Mike Doe; Ewen Kennedy; Ewen Kennedy; Sam Matthews.
North Somerset Youth Cricket League representative team – Under-13: Kruz Belcher, Archit Singhal. Under-15: Paddy Holyday, Kieran Chapman.