Entertaining draw for girls
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Girls Under-13s entertained AEK Boco in an entertaining fixture and for the second time this season ended in a 3-3 draw.
HUTTON Girls Under-13s entertained AEK Boco in an entertaining fixture and for the second time this season ended in a 3-3 draw.
Hutton started well and had the better chances to open the scoring and it came as a surprise when Boco struck first. The setback didn’t affect Hutton’s play and shortly after Meg Lewis equalised with a well-taken goal.
Hannah Worley’s long-range shot deceived Boco’s keeper to give Hutton the lead.
Saksia Moore, Lauryn Nigh, Danni Williams and Hannah Capes worked hard, but they could not extend the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Boco were always a threat with their strong approach play, but defenders Anya Lawrence, Georgia Ferdinando, Orla Crabb, Nicole Badman and Eva Ferdinando held their line well, but a momentary lapse enable a Boco player to level the scores just before the break.
Boco started the second period well and took the lead following some slack marking. Boco continued to press and forced Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal into a string of good saves.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
As the game drew to a close, Hutton continued to battle and a few half chances were created before Lewis’ determination to reach the ball enable her to lift it over the advancing keeper for a well-deserved equaliser.
Silvermoor Interiors player of the game was awarded to Hannah Worley.