Entertaining draw for girls
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Girls Under-13s entertained AEK Boco in an entertaining fixture and for the second time this season ended in a 3-3 draw.
HUTTON Girls Under-13s entertained AEK Boco in an entertaining fixture and for the second time this season ended in a 3-3 draw.
Hutton started well and had the better chances to open the scoring and it came as a surprise when Boco struck first. The setback didn’t affect Hutton’s play and shortly after Meg Lewis equalised with a well-taken goal.
Hannah Worley’s long-range shot deceived Boco’s keeper to give Hutton the lead.
Saksia Moore, Lauryn Nigh, Danni Williams and Hannah Capes worked hard, but they could not extend the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Boco were always a threat with their strong approach play, but defenders Anya Lawrence, Georgia Ferdinando, Orla Crabb, Nicole Badman and Eva Ferdinando held their line well, but a momentary lapse enable a Boco player to level the scores just before the break.
Boco started the second period well and took the lead following some slack marking. Boco continued to press and forced Chloe Woods in the Hutton goal into a string of good saves.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
As the game drew to a close, Hutton continued to battle and a few half chances were created before Lewis’ determination to reach the ball enable her to lift it over the advancing keeper for a well-deserved equaliser.
Silvermoor Interiors player of the game was awarded to Hannah Worley.