Entertaining encounter ends in stalemate
Weston’s latest friendly against Bath City ended 0-0 in an entertaining game.
BATH CITY 0
AN entertaining game was served up by two sides fielding several triallists, but the game lacked final penetration with neither goal seriously threatened.
The visitors were on the attack from early on with Danny Webb firing narrowly wide from a corner on six minutes and a minute later home keeper Lloyd Irish, coming off his line, blocked Jamie Cook’s effort.
You may also want to watch:
As Weston came into the game, Marcus Duharty was just over from distance on 30 minutes and shortly after Matt Trowbridge and Nat Pepperall traded passes in a penetrating run down the right, but Pepperall wasted a good chance by firing over when well positioned. Just before the break, Ben Hunt had a strong effort blocked by Bath keeper Glyn Garner.
Both sides made several changes for the second half and on 49 minutes Bath came close again when Marley Watkins had a low effort blocked by Irish.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 New leadership team for charity
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Irish made the save of the game on 75 minutes when he managed to tip another Watkins’ effort over his crossbar and five minutes from time Ian Uranga was just wide of Irish’s far post with a curling effort from the edge of the penalty area.
Weston squad: Irish, Craig Laird, Slocombe, Trowbridge, Jamie Laird, Martin, Ingram, Kirk, Hunt, Duharty, Pepperell, Booth, Cann, Richardson, Callum Laird, Dayle Grubb, Young, Beadle, Orchard, Maggs.
Weston’s next friendly against Cardiff City, originally fixed for Saturday, has been brought forward and will now be played on Friday, July 29, 7.45pm.