Esme looks forward to swimming and studying in California
- Credit: Archant
Weston Swimming Club member Esme Gullick is off to California to swim as part of the Fresno Bulldogs team and to study a degree in Sport Science.
WESTON swimmer Esme Gullick, aged 18, is off to Fresno, California, for four years to swim as part of the Fresno Bulldogs team and to study a degree in Sport Science.
Esme has been swimming competitively at Weston Swimming Club since 2006 and is coached by Rachel Aldington. As well as training with Weston, Esme also trains as part of the England Beacon Swimming Network and the Somerset Swimming Network.
She is currently the Somerset 200m butterfly and backstroke champion, the 200m butterly South West regional champion and has qualified for the national championships for the last four years in five events finishing in sixth place in the 200m butterfly in 2012 and 10th in 2013.
She also qualified to swim in the 2012 national 50m Olympic trials in 100m and 200m butterfly and has been part of the club’s National League team since 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years she has represented Somerset County swimming squad in 2011 and 2012 at the National Counties Championships.
Being a student at Bridgwater College opened up new pathways for Esme. She has qualified and swam for the South West Colleges swimming team in the last two years and in both years she became the British College’s 100m butterfly champion.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
This year she was selected to swim for the South West Schools team at the English Schools Swimming Championships (ESSA).