European third place for Robbie
Lympsham’s Robbie Gallier earned an overall third plave in the Junior Rotax Class in the BNL Championship at Genk in Belgium.
EUROCAMS-backed Robbie Gallier of Lympsham, has been competing at the top level of karting in the Junior Rotax Class in the BNL Championship at circuits in Belgium and France.
In only his first year at European level, the 15-year-old Broadoak pupil has stunned many with his superb performances.
Running with the Hobzie Motorsport team for 2012 and returning to a Tony Kart, Robbie has regained form that won him nine championships in two years, with all podium finishes throughout 2012.
Not only competing against many top British drivers, Robbie was also up against the top European drivers from Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, Italy and many others.
You may also want to watch:
Robbie and the team arrived at Genk and was immediately on the pace of the top drivers. Despite his pace, he qualified for the final in 15th place.
At the start there were many incidents and this dropped him back to 22nd. Robbie gained confidence in the conditions and drove a spectacular race and finished an incredible fifth.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate
Starting the last final of the weekend again in appalling conditions, yet again it was an incident packed start, Robbie again made places back up to finish fifth.
These tremendous results that are all accumulated over the two days meant that Robbie finished third overall in his first major European championship, making him the first British driver and highest placed Tony Kart driver in the Junior Rotax Class.
Robbie said: “It really has been fantastic, I love racing in Europe, the tracks are at least twice the size of most of the UK tracks and the grids are so big. My team have been so good with Hobzie making so many difficult calls with my mechanic Conor Hardiman.”
Support continues from: Eurocams, Demon Tweeks, Mountney, Talon, PIAA & Bespoke Mfg.