Evan takes part in Olympic trials
- Credit: Archant
Weston Swimming Club member Evan King has taken part in Olympic trials in Glasgow.
Weston Swimming Club was proudly represented at the Rio Olympic trials in Glasgow, by 17-year-old Evan King.
Evan, who also competed at the 2012 Olympic trials, qualified to swim in both the 100m and 200m butterfly.
British Swimming used the event to identify and nominate senior teams for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro as well as the European Championships in London.
The schedule of events featured three finals – a senior final targeted at the Rio Olympics and European Championships in London, a Target Tokyo final for potential additions to the European Championships in London and a junior final for those looking to qualify for the European Junior Championships in Hungary.
You may also want to watch:
Performing a new lifetime best, Evan qualified for the junior final for 200m butterfly and the Target Tokyo final for 100m butterfly.
Evan, who has qualified for finals in multiple events at national level for several years, is now trying to balance AS Level exams with training for the next big competition – the British Championships in Sheffield in July.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
If you are interested in joining our team that is focused on helping every swimmer to become the best that they can be, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org