Great results for Weston gymnasts
- Credit: Archant
Members of Weston Aerobic Gymnastic club enjoyed excellent results at a introductory and regional competition.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club competed in the introductory and regional competition and again proved the club can achieve great results across all levels and ages.
In the introductory level the following gymnasts won medals - age category 10 - Level 2 gold: Zuzanna Wisniewska, Ella-Mae O’Connor, Lauren Dean, Isobelle Jones, Poppy Belbin.
Age category 11 and over Level 3 silver: Roman Potter, Jessica Butcher, April Figg.
At regional level, Weston fielded several new gymnasts at this level and all of them proved more than worthy of this competition gaining great results.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-foundation age eight was a clean sweep for the talented Weston gymnasts, with the winner Niamh getting the highest score of the day.
Gold: Niamh Austen (17.600), silver Maria Wong (17.450), bronze Nicole Wong (17.400), fourth Lottie Janes (17.050).
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Winscombe show home crowned best in South West
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Foundation individual female silver: Lucy Whitfield (15.950). Group 1 individual female bronze: Mpho Makoetlane (16.050). Group 1 individual male gold: Rhys Harvey (15.700).
National development individual female age 10-12 gold: Delphine Churchill (16.850). Bronze: Justina Makoetlane (16.250). Pre-foundation trio gold: Maria Wong, Nicole Wong, Lottie Janes (15.850).
Foundation pair gold: Lucy Whitfield, Faye Deuvall (14.800). National development pair silver: Ramielle Redding, Ruby Newlands (15.500). National development trio silver: Justina Makoetlane, Molly Hobbs, Jessie Hall (15.20).
National development group gold: Matilda Belbin, Libby Hadley, Abi Doolan, Erin Richards (15.425). Group 1 pair gold: Naomi Doolan, Georgia Piere (15.700). Fourth: Rhys Harvey, Ewan Maynard (13.825). Group 1 trio silver: Marina Small, Georgia Piere, Naomi Doolan (15.650).
Congratulations go to the whole team who again produced great results. Weston specialises in the development of gymnasts due to the club’s robust and successful development programme in place which produces gymnasts right up to world medal winners.
Next week sees the whole club compete against each other at the popular Trina Rose team challenge.