Exclusive tour for Wyvern trio
Three members of Wyvern Badminton Club attended Badminton England’s Exclusive Members Tour at Wellington School, near Taunton.
THREE members of Wyvern Badminton Club attended Badminton England’s Exclusive Members Tour at Wellington School, near Taunton, on Saturday.
Tracey Hooper, Antony Forster and Rob Furlong received top tips from Olympic silver medallists Nathan Robertson and Gail Emms MBE, and Andy Alford, team leader and fitness coach with the GB Badminton squad.
The session provided two hours of personal training with three of the key names in English badminton and covered mental, technical, tactical and physical coaching drills and fun games.
Wyvern Badminton Club plays at Hans Price Academy, Weston, om Mondays from 8-10pm. The club begins the new season this week with matches for both its A and B teams. Following promotions last year, the club has teams in divisions one, two and three of the North Somerset League as well as a team in the Bristol Mens league.
You may also want to watch:
The club welcomed new members interested in competitive badminton. For more details call secretary Tracey Hooper on 01934 614910.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown