Extra coaching at Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Extra coaching sessions have been introduced at Cheddar Tennis Club.
HEAD coach Stephen Pearce has introduced several new tennis sessions at Cheddar Tennis Club.
In addition to the regular Friday after school and Saturday morning junior sessions, there are now mini red and orange sessions for four to nine-year-olds on Mondays after school and tots sessions on Friday and Saturday mornings.
Stephen is also running cardio tennis on Friday mornings for ladies, a mixed session on Wednesday evenings and a junior session for 11-year-olds and over on Friday evenings.
Cardio combines high energy fitness with tennis to give players of all abilities a fun work-out and is fast growing in popularity.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar Tennis Club is holding an open day on May 16 at its courts at Sharpham Road playing fields, Cheddar, and inviting everyone to come and have a go.
The morning is for juniors: 9-11am for those aged four to 10 years and 11.15am-12.30pm for 11 to 16-year-olds. The afternoon is for adults, from 2.30-4pm.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
On court, the coach will be teaching tennis skills and organising fun games. Off-court, spectators can enjoy light refreshments and talk to club members. All equipment will be provided, just wear trainers and sports clothes.
The club is offering discounts to new members who join over the weekend. For more information, contact club chair Jennie Colton 01934 742703 or Stephen Pearce 07904 061301 or www.cheddartennisclub.co.uk