Family encounter at Winscombe
Winscombe Rebels took on sister team the Warriors, with family members competing in both teams.
IT was an interesting Archdale Cup match between Winscombe Rebels and Warriors, with family members competing in both teams.
Rebels’ Mike Baker (6) had a competitive match against his wife Anne (11), beating her 12 and 15. Rich Parker (9) swept aside both his mother Margaret (17) and sister Cath Smith (15), despite their initial advantages, winning in two.
Rebels’ Dave Hunt (1) related to none of them had three wins, beating Anne and Cath in two, but losing the middle game to a dogged Margaret. Rebels won 8-1, the lone point taken by Anne Baker against Rich Parker.
Totterdown Demons found their greater experience gave them the edge over the young C & C Vipers team. Beth Atkinson (7), Max Jeremiah (3) and Jade Cope (4) all played well, with close games but went down 9-0.
You may also want to watch:
Demons’ Graham Cheeseman (3) was in charge against Winsc Renegades, taking all three, but had a tight match against Paul Hayward (-3), Cheeseman winning 21-20 in the third. Jason King (4) won two, but lost to Renegades’ David Williams (5). Nigel Andrews (6) had a win over Williams, Demons winning the match 6-3.
No player came through unscathed in the close match between C & C Vipers and Veterans C. Beth Atkinson (7) gave the advantage to Vipers when she beat Len Noble (11), followed by Mike Withyman (0) beating John Barcham (10).
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Max Jeremiah (3) set the seal on the match overcoming Noble. Vets’ Gary Every (10) won the final match, but the victory was Vipers’ 5-4.
Totterdown C were unlucky in their match against Winsc Renegades with a player unable to play due to illness. They lost a close match 4-5. Garry Chell (6) won all his three, Rick Cross (7) supporting with a win over Renegades’ Phil Yates (9).
It was a better result for Totterdown C against C & C Banwell A. Rick Cross (7), Mark Price (8) won all their matches though not without losing games. Gary Chell (3) lost out to Banwell’s Jack Bent (11) and Kate Groom (5). Totterdown go through 7-2.