Family tournament at Winscombe
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Tennis Club held a parent and child doubles tournament.
WINSCOMBE Tennis Club members competed in a parent and child doubles tournament.
The tournament aimed to encourage the family aspects of the club, by bringing together adult and junior play.
Despite some threatening weather, four pairs took part in some intense matches. The four juniors, all boys aged 10-12 who are coached at the club, demonstrated some high standards of play, as did their parent partners.
Of en equally high standard was the fair play and competitive spirit shown by all those taking part.
You may also want to watch:
All of the matches were close, but through great ability and an element of acrobatics, the winning pair was 10-year old Clive and his mum, Gill Davies.
Coaching is provided at the club on a Thursday afternoon/evening between 4.30-5.15pm for ages four to seven, 5.15-6.15pm for ages eight to 10, 6.15-7.15pm for 11+ and 7.30-9pm for adult beginners/improvers.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
All enquires should be directed to Suzie at email@example.com