Father and son finish on a high
WRINGTON-based motorsport preparation company Thatchway Motorsport, finished its championship at Castle Combe race circuit on a high.
WRINGTON-based motorsport preparation company Thatchway Motorsport, finished its championship at Castle Combe race circuit on a high, with both of their cars finishing in the top six in the Special GT race.
Despite the poor weather conditions, Josh Smith qualified 11th in his Radical SR4 and father Darcy in his Nemesis RME98, a disappointing 16th.
However in the race, both drivers conquered the conditions. Darcy stormed towards the front within the first few laps and Josh was soon on his tail - both drivers driving superbly.
At the chequered flag, Darcy managed first in class and third overall and recorded the fastest lap of the race. Josh finished fourth in class, sixth overall.
You may also want to watch:
The team will be competing at Castle Combe Circuit in 2010.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions