Fifth title for Robbie
KARTING - ROBBIE Gallier of Lympsham was in action again, attempting to win his fifth championship of 2009, in this his first full season in karting.
ROBBIE Gallier of Lympsham was in action again, attempting to win his fifth championship of 2009, in this his first full season in karting.
This time in action at the Llandow Circuit, just west of Cardiff, it was the 12- year-old's first visit to the track since early September as he had to miss the October race due to his accident at Dunkeswell.
Due to the terrible weather forecast on Saturday and Robbie's farther not wanting him to take unnecessary risks, opted to miss the free practice. On Sunday there is just three laps allowed for practice and Robbie opted to scrub in new wets, it meant he had to take it steady, but still managed second and felt the Kart was good.
There were many accidents all day and thankfully he stayed out of trouble and in the first heat started 10th and finished second in just eight laps, going on to take first in the other two heats winning each by a comfortable margin and taking fastest lap in all the heats.
You may also want to watch:
This qualified Robbie on pole for the final. With the weather changing he opted for full wets which was a gamble as some were on intermediates. With Robbie's father's skill on the tyre pressures this proved the correct choice as he romped home, never being challenged and winning overall by an amazing eight seconds and in doing so winning the Llandow Championship.
Robbie is now looking forward to the Celtic Championship which was the first championship he ever won, when it takes place at Llandow in early December. Support continues from Prokart Eng, Talon, Lucas Oil, PIAA, South West Karting and WSM Fasteners.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats