Final friendly match for Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club took part in their final friendly match before the league season opens.
In a final friendly encounter as preparation for the new season, Uphill Badminton Club took on a strong Avon county team which produced a high standard match.
The first three mixed rubbers all went to three games with Avon edging all three. Matt and Christy Cole going down 19-21, 21-17, 17-21 being the closest.
The ladies’ doubles saw some close games and long rallies, but the Avon strength came through to take all three rubbers in two games against Abi, Christy and Becky.
The men’s saw more joy for Uphill with Paul and Matt having a top quality match against Dennis and Paul, with the Avon duo winning out 21-18, 21-17.
You may also want to watch:
The final two men’s got Uphill on the scoreboard with Paul and Dave winning 21-14, 21-15 and Matt and Dave winning 21-16, 24-22.
This left Avon as 7-2 winners on the night after a useful run out for both sides. Thanks as always to Will Mellersh for sending a strong team.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity
The league season is just weeks away and Uphill have four mixed teams and two men’s entered in the North Somerset League.
Along with this, the junior club have teams playing in the Under-12, 14, 16 and 18 Avon Junior Leagues.